Lerwick Engineering and Fabrication have a Welder/fabricator vacancy to join us at our Greenhead
base in Lerwick. The role will be to work within a dynamic team across a range of industry sectors.
Since being formed in 1994 the highly skilled and flexible team at LEF have nearly 30 years of
extensive experience in all aspects of engineering solutions.We offer a complete 24/7 – 365 days a
year service to the Oil & Gas, Decommissioning, Marine, Renewable, Utility and many other
industries. LEF prides itself on providing high levels of service to an industry that never stops and is
We have a prime quayside location where our facilities include workshops and
storage areas totalling 14,607m2. This includes one of the largest fabrication workshops and also a
purpose-built blast and coating facility.
LEF are always driving forward to improve not only the
diversity of our service’s but also our staff with first class expert training both locally and throughout
the UK. This enables us to always guarantee the highest quality of work.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
Carry out fabrication/welding duties to a high standard and within codes as directed by the
Workshop Foreman or Workshop Manager.
- Ability to interpret/work from fabrication drawings.
- Ensure work areas are kept to a high standard, of tidiness and cleanliness.
- Carry out pre-use maintenance and user checks, reporting faults to the Workshop Foreman.
- Ensure shared fabrication equipment are used, kept tidy and maintained correctly.
- Ensure that the quality and health and safety management systems are followed and any
problems, perceived or real are reported.
- Have a pro-active approach to all tasks carried out and demonstrate a can-do attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Workshop Foreman or Workshop Manager.
- Good Housekeeping.
- Production of quality product within acceptable time scale.
- Quality assurance – All staff are responsible for the completeness of their work and reporting
any quality or perceived quality problems through the Workshop Foreman or Workshop
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Welding qualification/Experience Essential.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of deadline achievements is essential.